If you have at least 500 hours of coaching experience, join us on Wednesday, October 4th from 4:00 - 5:00 pm ET
Topic: "When to do it yourself, and when to bring in a professional"
Solopreneur. Freelancer. Independent business owner. It paints a picture of the strong, growth-oriented practitioner earning an honest living through the efforts of no one but themselves.
But going it alone isn't always the best approach.
Coaching the client requires an entirely different mindset from, say, remembering how to pay the quarterly taxes and paying them on time.
ICF Michigan member and frequent speaker Alan Heymann, PCC made 2023 his year of no longer doing everything himself. By reaching out to friends and a few strangers, he's built a small bench of part-time professionals who are helping him run his business better.
Join Alan for this interactive discussion about asking for help. Whether you call it collaboration, outsourcing or building an army, we want to hear your stories about what has worked... and has not!
Facilitated by Alan Heymann, PCC
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Alan Heymann, PCC, author of the book Don’t Just Have the Soup: 52 Analogies for Leadership, Coaching and Life, specializes in coaching fellow introverts and clients looking to make a transition. An expert communicator and engaging speaker, Alan spent more than two decades in public, government and nonprofit communications — leading teams from 2 to more than 100 people to inspire positive change in society. Inspired by a career transformation he made with the support of an executive coach, Alan decided to become a coach himself. He founded Peaceful Direction in April 2019.
**Earn 1.0 Resource Development CCEU**
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
All participants must attend the full program to qualify for CCEU credit.
With this series, we will explore some of the situations experienced coaches deal with alone while creating a safe, confidential space to learn from each other. Even busy, experienced coaches have to keep up with changes in the business world that impact their businesses.
How will this Forum work?
- This is more about conversation rather than a “presentation” of information. Just enough topical background will be given at the start of the meeting to provide a foundation for dialog that anyone can participate in.
- This forum is meant to be a collaborative learning experience. We want to experience confidential ego-less conversations about the challenges and successes we experience as coaches while learning from each other.
- This session will be held on Zoom, and use of video is encouraged but not required. NOTE: The Zoom link is included in your event registration confirmation. Please retain that email!
- Prior registration is required.
- Speak about your experiences. Speaking about what has worked for you is perfectly okay, but avoid advice-giving directed at others; our intent is purely to learn from each other.
- This is a confidential “space” for you to feel free to say what you need to. Please maintain confidentiality by not naming clients or their organizations.
-Meetings will not be recorded.
-What goes on here stays here. Please do not discuss what you heard on the call after the call ends.
*All participants must attend the full program to qualify for CCEU credit.*
ICF Michigan members earn credits for free! $20 fee for non-members