If you have at least 500 hours of coaching experience, join us on Wednesday, May 3rd from 4:00 - 5:00 pm ET
Topic: Does One Size Fit All? Racial Disparity in the Coaching Industry
About six years ago, when I perused literature, the internet, and even the ICF global portal, I could not find research that explored the possibility of race being an influential factor in the coaching business. I was concerned that diversity and multicultural awareness were not included in ICF's core competencies, and I also pondered several issues:
· Does race have a bearing on significant aspects of coaching?
· Can there be an inadvertent impact on people of color when paired with white coaches?
· Do white coaches receive training/guidance that addresses racial idiosyncrasies?
I am pleased to report that research has explored this topic since those days of frustrating queries. I look forward to sharing the studies and asserting that the core principles of effective coaching can be enhanced by embracing the reality that one size does NOT fit all.
Facilitator: Jackie Browning, PCC
**Earn 1.0 Resource Development CCEU**
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
All participants must attend the full program to qualify for CCEU credit.
With this series, we will explore some of the situations experienced coaches deal with alone while creating a safe, confidential space to learn from each other. Even busy, experienced coaches have to keep up with changes in the business world that impact their businesses.
How will this Forum work?
- This is more about conversation rather than a “presentation” of information. Just enough topical background will be given at the start of the meeting to provide a foundation for dialog that anyone can participate in.
- This forum is meant to be a collaborative learning experience. We want to experience confidential ego-less conversations about the challenges and successes we experience as coaches while learning from each other.
- This session will be held on Zoom, and use of video is encouraged but not required. NOTE: The Zoom link is included in your event registration confirmation. Please retain that email!
- Prior registration is required.
- Speak about your experiences. Speaking about what has worked for you is perfectly okay, but avoid advice-giving directed at others; our intent is purely to learn from each other.
- This is a confidential “space” for you to feel free to say what you need to. Please maintain confidentiality by not naming clients or their organizations.
-Meetings will not be recorded.
-What goes on here stays here. Please do not discuss what you heard on the call after the call ends.
*All participants must attend the full program to qualify for CCEU credit.*
ICF Michigan members earn credits for free! $20 fee for non-members