Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Professional Development Webinar
Join us on Wednesday, August 24th from 1:00 - 2:30 pm Eastern Time
Topic is "Mini Habits: A Small Tool for Big Success” with guest speaker James Garrett
Habits are our brain's go-to tool to tackle almost any goal or task, which is why helping your clients get in the driver’s seat of their habit-making machinery can be a game-changer. You’ll walk away with everything you need to help your clients know to start making measurable change. Just like learning how to play the piano, learning how to form positive habits is a skill set.
• Why the key to knocking out habits is building them sequentially, not simultaneously
• How to use proven methods like "habit stacking" and "habit tracking" to make or break any habit
• Why keeping your client motivated is easy with one small tweak
• How motivation often follows action, rather than preceding it
• How making “smallifying” their habits can be the game-changer you and your coaching client have been looking for Attendees will learn concrete strategies and habit-building systems that will de-mystify why habit-building and behavior change are so hard, and how you can help your clients overcome their internal obstacles
ABOUT OUR GUEST SPEAKER
James Garrett is a brain coach and founder of Brain by Design. He’s spoken on stages ranging from Harvard to TEDx and his work has been featured by The New York Times, FastCompany, and Harvard Business Review. He spent years doing research with some of the best psychologists in the world at Columbia, Tufts, and Yale. He's a content creator and course builder and his course called, "Brain Science for Coaches" has been rated as one of the best courses for coaches and is currently certified by ICF for 30 continuing coach education credits. He's a certified coach through the Whole Fit coaching program. He also built one of the only brain-based positive psychology curricula in the Middle East and trained thousands of Arab youth in partnership with Queen Rania of Jordan. A rare combination of scientist, trainer, and entrepreneur, in 2019 James launched the Deep Change Project, a journey to discover what’s possible at the outer edges of neuroplasticity.
Earn 1.0 Core Competency and 0.5 Resource Development CCEUs
*Note that you will get the call-in information by email shortly after registering as well as the day before the webinar*
*All participants must attend the full program to qualify for CCEU credit.*
ICF Michigan members earn credits for free! Non-members are welcome for a $20 fee.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only